Competition Rules & Categories 2020
Before completing any competition entry form please read the rules carefully. Incorrect completion of the form may lead to your images being disqualified.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ENTER THE IMAGE TITLES ON THE FORM IN CAPITALS.
ALL IMAGES SHOULD BE CAPTURED/CREATED AFTER 1 JANUARY 2019. The same image cannot be entered in both the Digital Image and Print Competition.
A maximum of 2 images in the Digital competition and 2 images in the Print competition.
The notes accompanying the Category Headings are purely therefore the guidance of both entrants and judges - they are not meant to be exhaustive. It is the responsibility of entrants to interpret the category and place their image in the correct one..
The Entry Form can be found by clicking the following link: Pdf Version DIGITAL IMAGE COMPETITION:
DIGITAL IMAGE COMPETITION:
- Please email your images along with the entry form to email@example.com.
- Images can also be given Mel McLoughlin either on a stick or a disk by the closing date of 19th March. If on a stick ensure you do not need it as it will not be returned to you for a couple of weeks.
- All images should be mounted (mounts not to exceed 400mm x 500mm).
- The prints should be labelled on the reverse stating Print Title in CAPITAL LETTERS, and category entered eg Dartmoor Sunset Landscape. Do not include your name, which will appear only on the entry form.
IT IS COMPULSORY THAT ALL PRINTS ARE ACCOMPANIED BY A DIGITAL VERSION, TO BE PROJECTED ON THE EVENING, WITH THE SAME TITLE BUT WITH THE ADDITION OF YOUR INITIALS, eg: 'DARTMOOR SUNSET Scapes AB'
- This image can either be given to Mel McLoughlin or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you read the category criteria. If your image is entered in the incorrect category you will be contacted by the Competition Secretaries. Please give your images to Mel by the closing date of 16th April.
The sections for both competitions are as follows:
1. SCAPES: The wider world where the individual elements are less important than the whole / to include Land, Sea, Sky, Towns and Cities.
2. PEOPLE: A person or persons forming the main focus of the image, to include straight or manipulated shots.
3. NATURE: Includes all aspects of the natural world and may include captive, tame or wild subjects
4. PICTORIAL: An artistic interpretation of a subject by the use of any method to create a new and imaginative image.
5. OPEN: Any other image that does not fit into any other category. If it does fit within another category the Competition Sec. will move it.
ALL IMAGES SHOULD HAVE BEEN PRODUCED AFTER 1 JANUARY 2019. The same image cannot be entered in both the Digital Image and Print Competition.
For both competitions, there will be a winner, runner up, and third place awarded. At the judge's discretion one highly commended may also be awarded.
An overall winning image will be selected from the winners of each category. For the first time, each overall winner will also receive a Prize.
The Digital Image and Print Competition winner will be presented with the club trophies, which will be held for for one year.
With thanks to our Competition Sponsors:
Digital Image Competition - Sponsored by London Camera exchange
Print Competition - Sponsored by Devon Picture Framer